Wednesday 26 June 2013

up there with the birds

Going to bed I made my mind up to get up on first waking and also that it would be at 4.00 am!  Amazingly, without an alarm, I did wake then but had to grapple with the eyelids which wanted to close and the body which didn't relish moving.  It took ten minutes and I set off through the garden to the summer house, put a rug around myself and meditated.  The time went by incredibly fast and without being fanciful the atmosphere really was just much less cluttered.
Do you find that when you try to be still at times when the world is in motion, that it can be a battle, ideas bombarding the mind, noises distracting? In the early morning, the only sounds were the birds.  Even the puppy didn't move when I passed by.
However, after meditating so early, I popped back into the warm bed and slept until 6.00 am.  Tomorrow, I will use that time a bit better.  I thought of the nuns, of Sister Wendy, of the great lamas and rishis and I thought of the Brahma Kumaris, their leader aged 96, all getting up at 4.00 am and staying up in order to study and thought it was a bit wet not to get more of a grip of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment