Friday 21 June 2013

I have two husbands! and he has two wives

That headline should get you interested! A woman who meditates and seems to be serious has TWO husbands!
And he has two wives, how can this be?
I only realised that I have two husbands, I have always thought I had just the one who was sometimes in one mood and sometimes in another.  But this week I watched this one carefully and observed that he has a spiritual being and one for the world and they aren't really related.  The one who mows the lawn and walks the dog and gets annoyed with other motorists doesn't really have much to do with the one who meditates and studies to know who he is.  And if I am honest, I expect that I have two beings as well.  You may say but of course it is like that and why didn't I realise this earlier but I think I have always tried to make one of the beings conform to the other and that can cause friction.  For instance, driving along getting annoyed with the driver in front who of course is in the wrong provokes my 'wife one' person to ask why someone who is meditative and wise is duped by an innocent driver.  And I expect he wonders why my worldly persona ever feels anxious or is caught in a busy world when the meditator is peaceful.
I hope that one day the two will become one but I believe that you can't force this to happen without producing a false extra person.
Meditation is our best hope!
Perhaps there are three, there is also the one who sleeps! This one walks the dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment