Saturday 13 July 2013

Meditation at Dawn

It is lucky that we are both early birds because otherwise we would be totally taken in, taken up by being busy with things.  This house as I blog, has 4 small children, 5 adults, 3 dogs, one a puppy, 8 hens, 1 broody, 3 chicks, and roses asking to be dead headed  There are spinach and beans to be picked and if I didn't do it before they all needed attention, I wouldn't have a chance of meditating.  Fortunately, I wake early, tread across the slightly damp grass in the very early morning before the heat of the day and although still slightly woozy from sleep, turn to meditation.  This not only makes the day better and means that I have breakfast on the table before the breakfast eaters are down, but reminds me kindly that behind all of this movement is a benevolent Being who makes no demands but re offers daily a whole total wonderful creation to play in.  It is so easy to take that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment