Monday 18 November 2013

Taking your own advice is much the most difficult.

keeping calm like a lotus leaf
viewing things from a distance
You are in a position where you tell people how to avoid getting upset!  You write a blog about it, you meditate your socks off and people think and you think yourself that you are teflon coated.  Then a couple of blows fall on the ego and there you are, struggling for equanimity.   My daughter, who I usually advise on the very same subject, advises me with the very words I would use to her and I must pull myself together and take the advice.  So, to the person who has caused the ripple, I offer no resistance and to the daughter who has offered the advice, thanks.  Bearing a grudge is childish even if it seems justified so get over it quick is her message to me and my message to myself.  Am I over it? time will tell!

Taking a view

No comments:

Post a Comment