Sunday 9 August 2015

Suffolkating

River Deben at sunset
crabbing at the River Deben
What could possibly be better after a wedding than a totally stress-free Suffolk weekend combining sun, sea, swimming, village fete, meeting with old mates, drinks by the River, boating and crabbing for boys with obliging crabs which allow themselves to be hauled up out of the river over and over again.  It gives me the chance to rekindle my old skill of hanging up swimming towels on the washing line stretching across the garden which has in it's time sported the most eclectic mix of towels, trunks, small and large knickers, socks, odd and paired and at the end of every sunny day, returned them miraculously dry Oh, when I am ready to go or even have gone, return me to the river where it mixes with the sea and let my remains become part of this landscape
Ramsholt Arms, a pint and chips at the end of a day, what could be better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment