Monday 24 August 2015

Hens set to test a meditating Granny

Henry, the fine cockerel
Naughty speckledy hen on the right!
I finally turfed the broody hen off the eggs which she had sat on for too long and which showed no signs of hatching.  We thought she was just idling in the maternity ward waiting for us to bring her all she needed, she must have thought we were running a hen hotel.   Anyway, after 5 weeks I said enough old speckledy hen, you are just a fraud.  So, off she got and joined the rest of the flock all vying for attention from Henry the magnificent cockerel.  She had her revenge though, she left hen mites in her place and let me tell you that hen mites are in the business of major irritation.  You only have to put your head into the henhouse to clean it or check for eggs and they jump straight into your hair presumably thinking you are just another hen not realising you are a meditating, serious-minded Grandmother of 10 wishing the world and all nature's creatures well.  Straightaway you suspect that something is in your hair but 5 minutes later, sitting with Grandpa to meditate, they start to explore your face and find channels through your thinning grey hair to wander through.  This is a test for a meditator, let me tell you, almost an ultimate test and first of all I thought I was up for the test, I thought that I could manage my half hour without budging, let alone my hand reaching up to brush off, then squash any invaders.  I didn't manage though, I got to quarter of an hour and then apologising to Grandpa and God in case He/She was interested, I ran to the house and into the shower.  
So speckledy old hen, you won this round!

No comments:

Post a Comment