Tuesday 10 November 2015

These shoes were made for meditating

New white shoes 
See my new white plimsolls?  They come from Amazon and they will be first in my suitcase for India.  Why? Well I am invited along with many others to go to the headquarters of the Brahma Kumaris who have had many mentions in this blog.  Their leader, Dadi Janki is in her 100th year and this is a retreat to celebrate that fact.  It is called the Call of Time Retreat and I feel very lucky to be going because the Brahma Kumaris are the most pure hearted of truth seekers that I have found.  You might wonder if I am going to become one and of course it might be tempting to become something so obviously pure hearted and live a life in a community.  Human beings thrive in communities especially if they are well run, they feel part of something bigger than themselves.  You can be a Christian or a Buddhist or a Bahia or a Muslim or an Englishman or Frenchman or an Indian.  You can be a fully signed up member of any of these groups and many others that will all have a goodness to them..  But you are also free to be yourself and enjoy all the different expressions that God has made us into.  It is that freedom which is needed  to be able to encompass all those groups and to respect them and love them.  They are the beacons of light in the world and the world needs them.  I love the Brahma Kumaris and will enjoy myself as close as I can be to them for a week and my respect for them will be shining out of my new white shoes. You can join some of them with your own shoes of any colour and with many others of different groupings on November 25th.  To find out more go to www.justthisday.org and you will find that the key to freedom lies in the stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment