Thursday 19 November 2015

From one world to another


From this one 
to this one
I have taken a both physical and spiritual journey from my cosy Aga in the kitchen to the top of Mount Abu in India with my friends the Brahma Kumaris.  Here is a picture of their kitchen store. This week they are feeding at least 400 people each day out of that store!  In my kitchen I feed Grandpa and a few other souls who happen to be passing by.  I have gone from one world to another in more ways than one!

The Brahma Kumaris are a modern miracle and here is why.  Started in the 1930s, a small group with a visionary leader arrived in Mount Abu with nothing but faith and love of God and one another.  And their faith translated into a spiritual discipline of love which they still maintain and which is probably why they are so successful.  So successful that they are in over 100 countries, so successful that here in India at the centre nearby they provide 75000 meals a day!  That is 25000 people 3 times a day and that is with solar powered cooking not an aga.  I am not here though for the cooking, I am here to learn a little more about their meditation and way of life.  I came thinking I knew a thing or two about it but will be leaving in a couple of days time realising that I have a long way to go.  However they are the nicest company to be in for those miles .  If you want to hear a Brahma Kumaris leading a meditation, come to St Martin-in-the-Fields on Wednesday next week in the morning or listen by live stream.  Follow this link for the morning event  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ0gjnYGBIg   And in the evening come to St James's Piccadilly to hear some other marvellous people or follow this link to watch it by live stream  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mVq8NUZZyc
Dadi Janki giving out the gift of toli (sweeties)

No comments:

Post a Comment