Thursday 21 August 2014

You asked why hair is white, this is a good account.


 Well, the abracadabra child and all other abracadabra children, do you ever wonder where hair comes from? You, with your noticing eyes, have noticed that the hair on my head is going white and I have noticed it too!!! It reminds me in the way it grows of the way my mother and father's hair turned white, slowly changing and slowly thinning.  It sprouts from your head for sure and actually it sprouts all over your body in different thicknesses and it creates a space around your body which protects from the heat and cold and allows the wind to cool the sweat which you sweat when you run fast.  And it fits you exactly, better than a hat, it is just right for where you live, thicker where it is most sunny or most cold.
But where does it come from? whose idea was it to cover us with it and why does the hair on your head go grey?  Old people mainly get the grey hair and as well as grey, it often changes its thickness for thinness and its coarseness for fineness.  Who organised all this? Did you?  Do you think they had a good plan in mind especially when they organise this hair growth and change in every body?  You have your lovely hair all long and you tie it up on the top and let it down and brush it and put ribbons in it because it is beautiful.  It is meant to be beautiful and to show how beautiful you are.  My hair is telling me, whispering to me, a different story, it's beauty isn't there for the same reason, it's beauty is there to alert me to the changing part of me so the other part of me, the watching eye, just like your observant eye can see what is going on that changing part.  I have lots of teachers in this, everybody who is on the same journey as me has noticed the change in their hair.
What is it telling me?  Well, this is what Ihave read and this is how I am thinking about my white hair.  It is thinner on the top and on the very top of my head there is a tiny tiny space in the bones of my head.  It was a bigger space when I was new in order that my head could grow quickly after I was born.  This is just like you and your sister and every other baby that is born.  That space, I believe is there for the unchanging part of me to leave from when the changing part changes for good and I appear to die.  I want you to think about this because lots of people in all our lives die and we want to be sure that they are safe.  And I believe and there are lots of wise people who tell a similar tale that when I take my last breath and then breathe out, out of the top of my head go I.
a trio of hairy creatures

No comments:

Post a Comment