Sunday 25 January 2015

what to do when someone lobs a rotten tomato at you!

My meditating friends the BK's who cultivate pure thoughts passed on this one to me the other day: when someone defames you, garland them with praise.  I am trying to put this into practice because the advice they give is always worthwhile.  So, oh my meditating friend or my friend who might meditate one day, this is a recipe I am trying out as there are a glut of tomatoes about in my life at the moment and my aim in meditation is to clear the mind of the passata of punishment.
When someone lobs something unpleasant at you, say a rotten tomato, quick as a flash you have to reply with something good...Try this.."your aim is soooo straight" or "how that tomato red suits you" or "thanks for thinking of me" or "where did you get those lovely tomatoes you are throwing at me?" "Did you grow them yourself?" or there is "That really is a great speech, you should maybe consider going into politics or the Church with a delivery like that."
Anyway, you get the idea, you send the tomato back as quick as you can so it doesn't stick on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment