Wednesday 14 May 2014

praise for Hugh and a barrage for Farage

Why should a Granny who writes about meditation be bothered with Nigel Farage's political life or  Hugh Jackman's body you may reasonably wonder.  In my view Hugh Jackman is by far the most interesting of these two because his clear sense of detachment allows him to have a balanced view of his role as an actor, a father, a husband and a star.  It is an interesting view of private morality co-existing with a public persona.  Read the interview by clicking on this link.  Anyone would be proud to be Hugh's Granny! Now I don't believe that Nigel's moral compass has the same steady centre and I might be a bit worried about him if I was his Granny!   In fact, cheery and funny though he is, his centre has all the marks of a rather aggravated and enlarged sense of himself.  I sometimes feel a bit sorry for him when I hear his foibles and follies being attacked, and his MEP's and supporters leaving him in dismay. But when I see that the ground swell of opinion for his divisive views is increasing and increasing amongst people the same age as me, I want to leave my meditation seat and shout out NO, don't do it.  He is just playing on your fears and playing the crusader knight from a story book who must have an enemy in order to wear the crusader outfit.  Oh Nige, please lead your old horse back into the stable, take off it's old harness, hang up the bridle,  put down your sword and have a quiet time in a deck chair with a Pimms and a cigar.  Please don't frighten people anymore with your tales of a lost Empire and maybe take up a quiet practice like meditation!  Everyone is doing it now or nearly anyone who is anyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment