Wednesday 17 July 2013

Angels present

Two major errors today, one white lie, and a booking gone bad.  Perhaps the mistaken booking was a direct reaction to the white lie.  I'll tell you what happened, first the little lie!  My new friends (much to be valued new friends) had invited us to join them next week and I thought we could but when she rang to confirm, I realised I had made a mistake, I was already going to London! I rang her back wishing it would be an answer machine but oh dear - it was the nice new friend - so I rehashed the fact of my husband's cancelled cataract appointment, I just didn't say straight out that I had made a mistake.  How's that for a poor show for a truth seeker?
The possible pay back came when the booking I had made for all of us to stay near Art in Action for 3 nights said that he was expecting us in 2014!  His mistake apparently but they look to me like a fair match of mistakes.
The angel is my niece, who lives in Oxford and has a house full of teenagers but said as soon as I called her that we could stay with her for those three nights, all 5 of us plus the dogs.  If this is Wimbledon for the angels on one side and the old foes on the other, I reckon the angels won hands down.
New resolve, never never, even for the sake of peace and quiet and new friends, tell even the smallest little lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment