Thursday 15 August 2013

Missing People?

Charioteer through the crowd
This Granny was very touched to be told that her grandson missed her because
The Charioteer alone
"Well she lets us pick raspberries around the garden……. and blackberries - when they're done. And she takes us to the park. And of course she's lovely, so I don't really need to say that. And I like her big smile, when she comes in a room and she gives a cheer and does this [opens arms]. That's all. I just really miss her". 
This is the one who asked if I would die first and because I love him and all other grandchildren dearly it seemed an idea to look at what missing might mean.  
So, first Sebastian, when you think about missing someone, you search in your memory for the person and they pop up with, in our case, raspberries and blackberries and our big greetings for one another.  And our heart responds to the memory and we might think yippee we're going to see one another again soon or oh dear, when will we meet again.  But the precious thing is the person we have in the memory is what is  so dear to us because of the way they make us feel.  
Every time I think that you like me and every time you think that I like you, we feel good.  That is important.   It also shows us that where we are is not just in our bodies or in particular places, or when we are awake or in England or in Dubai, Singapore or Devon; it shows that our real existence is there all the time and everywhere we want it to be.
So, I hope you are sleeping well because where I am it is earlier than where you are, and of course I am looking forward to seeing you because you are dear to me and seeing you reminds me of that.  
Here are wonderful pictures of something which reminds us of how beautiful mankind is.  He is the charioteer who was made hundreds of years ago, then was buried, and then found again.  You see him in the distance and then close up. Daddy will remember him I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment