Saturday 1 March 2014

pants give a chance to pause

Some people say pants and some say knickers but I say pants!  Every  5 or so years, I dive into Marks and Spencer and renew the pants supply.  Just like the spring, this cycle of pants-buying happens, I must subconsciously look at the old ones and realise that it's time for new.  Anyway, this time the pants-buying took on a more sombre aspect.

from this 
to this
I found myself thinking how many more times will I buy pants in this lifetime?  If it's every five years or more, then it's a finite pants- buying cycle in a lifetime.  I bet you think you'll go on getting new ones forever but you won't.  Just as you suddenly realise when your feet have stopped growing that you won't need new shoes just because your feet have grown, so you realise that one day no more new pants for you!

stopped by beauty
Which is why meditation is a must, it is the one thing which connects you with something beyond the body, something you can only really sense when you are really still or you are all alone or you are suddenly stopped in your tracks by something utterly beautiful.
wherever!

I plan while I am in this present cycle of pants to maximise the things I do, I plan to go to Singapore and to Sinai but in the plan is making sure I keep my eye out for any exit signs.  You see, what would be the point of buying any more new pants if you weren't going to be a pants wearer any more, you were going to be free of the need to have or to do or to be anything particular.  You need to make plans for freedom and plan just how many more times you need to go to Marks and Spencer's lingerie department. After all, it would be really neat to get down to the last pair before you wing your way off to wherever it is to become whatever you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment