Monday 26 December 2016

a teeny tiny Christmas child, a new daughter, neice, grand daughter and cousin.

In our family, we have just had a teeny tiny baby, arrived 2 months early and 2 days before Christmas. So tiny, she looks like a miniature doll but perfect, every finger and toe there, small neat ears, every limb beautifully formed, so perfect that I am blown away.

Holding on to my mummy's finger or is it Dad's?
So, small granddaughter, what do I wish for you and your other girl cousins? Of course I wish you all the things that every girl wants to make her life easy; friends, beauty, enough food and I hate to say money because it is a stark and rather hard word but I hope you don't have to worry about your everyday needs. But most of all I hope that you will be kind.  I am sure you will be kind because you have arrived on a wave of kindness and goodwill from your parents, your grandparents, your uncles and aunts, the old (sorry Prof, young but old in wisdom) Prof, the nurses and monitor monitors and shortly all your cousins who will sweep you up into their play and pass on all their clothes to you.


Kindness is natural to everyone and just means that you realise that everyone and everything is of the same kind as you and needs to be treated as you would wish to be treated yourself or wish others you love to be treated.

And I wish you luck because it helps but you seem to have a measure of it because everyone is looking out for you now.  And I wish much of the same to your boy cousins but maybe with a few more challenges to bring out their fine fine qualities of courage and generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment